PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE NO PUBLIC MASS
ALL CHURCHES CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Closure of all churches, chapels & halls
- The Bishops emphasise that Catholics in England & Wales are dispensed under Church law from the Sunday obligation to attend a Mass.
- Dispensation from Easter duties. The code of canon law (can920). As it is not possible to fulfil the obligation the Bishops of England and Wales have dispensed the Easter Duties for the year 2020.
- Celebration of Holy Mass – will continue on a daily basis in private.
- Live-Streaming Mass – leedscathedrallive.org.uk
- Baptisms, Marriages, First Communion – We have been asked to postpone all these until further notice.
- Confessions/Reconciliation -Difficult as this is, Confession is no longer available on request.
- Pastoral visits, Care of the sick, Anointing of the Sick, Visits to Hospitals and Homes – These are not to be made except in danger of death and following all the guidance in place at the time.
- Eucharistic Ministers are asked to maintain telephone contact with those they visit please.
- The SVP and Catholic Care to maintain telephone contact with those they visit
- Funerals – Difficult though this is, Funeral Services are not to take place in our Churches and are to take place at gravesides or if permitted by the local authority in a crematorium and following at all times the gathering rules in force at the time.
- Priests and Deacons over seventy and those with underlying health conditions are not to conduct funerals until health advice changes.
- The Bishops of England and Wales have issued a statement which is available on their website www.cbcew.org.uk and the diocesan website www.dioceseofleeds.org.uk
- In the light of the restrictions, I invite you to take part in www.behold2020.com.
- Walsingham Live will be streaming from the Basilica 24/7, with a timetable of prayers, devotions, and Mass available. Let us pray together. This stream, along with more content, can be found at www.LentInIsolation.com
Every Wednesday & Saturday pray the The Angelus Promise
PARISH REVIEW Please see below parish review documents – perhaps you will need a cuppa and a biscuit to help you negotiate the final reports!
Please see below a ‘LETTER TO THE CLERGY AND FAITHFUL IN THE DIOCESE OF LEEDS’ (together with the copy of the Letter of His Holiness Pope Francis to the People of God) The Bishop has asked that both letters are to be made available this weekend (26 AUG 2018). LETTER TO THE CLERGY AND FAITHFUL IN THE DIOCESE OF LEEDS and LETTER OF HIS HOLINESS POPE FRANCIS TO THE PEOPLE OF GOD